- Telephone: +353-51-846600
- Admin. fax: +353-51-877809
- Operations fax: +353-51-875623
- Operations SITA: WATOPXH
- ATC fax: +353-51-871701
- Aeronautical Briefing (from ARO Shannon): +353-61-703750
Waterford Aero Club is conveniently located at Waterford Airport - approximately 8 km from the city centre and 10 km from the beautiful Tramore Bay.
Airport Contact Details
Summer: Daily 0630-2000 UTC
Winter: Daily 0730-2100 UTC
Customs & Immigration
24 hours prior notice required for flights outside the EU. Click here to download the GAR form.
Geographical Location & Technical Data
- Airport Reference Point (ARP): 521113.92 North 0070513.07 West
- Elevation and reference temperature: 119 ft / 18.0 C (July)
- Apron surface and strength: Concrete/ PCN 19/F/C/Y/T
- Taxiway width, surface and strength: 15 metres/asphalt/ PCN 19/F/C/Y/T
|Runway||TORA (M)||TODA (M)||ASDA (M)||LDA (M)||Remarks|
|03||1433||1433||1433||1343||THR 03 DISPLACED 90 M|
|21||1433||1433||1433||1290||THR 21 DISPLACED 143 M|
Handling Services & Facilities
- Fuel and oil types available: Jet A1 and avgas provided by airport during operating hours. Mogas available at Waterford Aero Club.
- Hangar space available for visiting aircraft: Llimited – contact airport operations for further information.
- De-icing: Nil
- Repair facilities: Shamrock Aviation, +353-51-872809
Local Area Forecasts (LAF) are provided by Met Eireann at Shannon airport. They are issued every 3 hours and are valid for 9 hours. Visit the Met Briefing website to view the current LAF (registration and login required). For landing, take-off and aerodrome information METARs are released every 30 mins. These are broadcasted via our automatic weather station – VHF 121.150 Mhz (24-hour service, telephone +353-51-877000).
Airport Rescue & Fire Fighting Services
ICAO Aerodrome category for rescue services: Cat.2. Cat.6 available with 24 prior notice to airport operations.
Aerial Maps & Aeronautical Charts
Charts are provided for information purposes only. Please obtain official charts for the flight and check current NOTAMs for availability. Click any of the following charts to download them: